Re: Namespace prefixes in XPath

Pratik,

see below

Am 11.01.2011 18:28, schrieb Pratik Datta:
> I removed the regular expressions, because I thought it is probably easier to understand it in plain English rather than in regular expressions.  Do you think regular expressions are better ?
I'd suggest putting the regexp to the document as well, just to make
sure people know exactly how to deal with this. As it is written now I'd
assume more people would screw it up.
> Rather than regular expressions, I can put is more clarifying text as you suggested
> 1) I can explicitly put in  "(not the :: of XPath axes)".
> 2) The white space can occur between the prefix and the colon.
> e.g.  "/     soap    :   Envelope"
OK, I didn't know that. In that case the wording makes sense.
> So I am saying that you locate a single colon, then start going backwards and skip over whitespace, and then get the prefix.
>
> 3) The search for the prefix ends , when you find a non NCName character.
OK, got it, but I'd suggest to put exactly this sentence of yours to the
document as well, just to clarify for everybody.

cheers

Meiko

--
Dipl.-Inf. Meiko Jensen