W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > August 2011

Draft minutes from 2 August 2011 teleconference

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:03:41 -0400
Message-Id: <94A9395B-E3EF-4DFF-BEF3-27EC40F9F088@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Attached are draft minutes from today's 2 August 2011 teleconference. Thanks to Chris for scribing.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia




# XML Security Working Group Teleconference

## 02 Aug 2011

[Agenda][3]

See also: [IRC log][4]

## Attendees

Present

    Frederick_Hirsch, Cynthia_Martin, Ed_Simon, Chris_Solc, Hal_Lockhart,
Gerald_Edgar, Pratik_Datta, Scott_Cantor, Bruce_Rich

Regrets

    Thomas_Roessler

Chair

    Frederick_Hirsch

Scribe

    csolc

## Contents

  * [Topics][5]

    1. [Administrative][6]

    2. [Minutes Approval][7]

    3. [XML Security 1.1][8]

    4. [Updated XML Signature Best Practices editors draft][9]

    5. [Update of XML Signature 1.1 to reference Best Practices in
introduction, LC-2504][10]

    6. [1.1 Test Case review][11]

    7. [XML Security 2.0][12]

  * [Summary of Action Items][13]

* * *

<trackbot> Date: 02 August 2011

### Administrative

<fjh> ScribeNick: csolc

<fjh> Publication moratoria for 2H2011, [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member
/member-xmlsec/2011Jul/0006.html][14]

### Minutes Approval

<fjh> [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Jun/att-0058/minutes-2011-06-28.html][15]

<fjh> Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 28 June are approved.

**RESOLUTION: Minutes from 28 June 2011 are approved**

### XML Security 1.1

<fjh> [http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42458/CR-xmldsig-
core1-20110303/2502][16]

<fjh> [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Jun/0063.html][17] (Sean)

<fjh> [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Jun/0064.html][18] (Scott)

<fjh> [http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.html#sec-
RetrievalMethod][19]

<fjh> change in section 4.5, paragraph 2

<fjh> If KeyInfo is omitted, the recipient is expected to be able to identify
the key based on application context. Multiple declarations within KeyInfo
refer to the same key. While applications may define and use any mechanism
they choose through inclusion of elements from a different namespace,
compliant versions must implement KeyValue (section 4.5.2 The KeyValue
Element) and should implement RetrievalMethod (section 4.5.3 The
RetrievalMethod Element).

<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: change RetrievalMethod to KeyInfoReference in
paragraph 2 section 4.5 and update section reference, for Signature 1.1 and
2.0

**RESOLUTION: change RetrievalMethod to KeyInfoReference in paragraph 2
section 4.5 and update section reference, for Signature 1.1 and 2.0**

<fjh> **ACTION:** fjh to update SIgnature 1.1 and 2.0 with change of SHOULD in
4.5 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-
minutes.html#action01][20]]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-816 - Update SIgnature 1.1 and 2.0 with change of
SHOULD in 4.5 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-08-09].

<fjh> anything more to do with [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Jun/0063.html][17]

### Updated XML Signature Best Practices editors draft

[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0007.html][21]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0013.html][22]

**RESOLUTION: Publish an updated best practices document for XML Signature Aug
9 2011**

<fjh> **ACTION:** fjh to prepare and submit best practices draft for
publication [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-
minutes.html#action02][23]]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-817 - Prepare and submit best practices draft for
publication [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-08-09].

### Update of XML Signature 1.1 to reference Best Practices in introduction,
LC-2504

<fjh> Update of XML Signature 1.1 to reference Best Practices in introduction,
LC-2504

[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0014.html][24]

### 1.1 Test Case review

[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0009.html][25]
(Gerald)

Gerald is asking for the group to add comments on the 1.1 Test cases.

Comments on the 1.1 Test cases should be sent to the list.

<fjh> **ACTION:** fjh to check in test cases document distributed by Gerald
[recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03][26]]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-818 - Check in test cases document distributed by
Gerald [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2011-08-09].

### XML Security 2.0

Update of XML Signature 2.0 to reference Best Practices in introduction,
LC-2507

[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0015.html][27]
(Frederick)

<fjh> [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Aug/0000.html][28]

<fjh> use "attributes in the XML namespace" for section 11.3

<fjh> [http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-20/#sec-
NamespaceContext][29]

<fjh> **ACTION:** pdatta to update 2.0 11.3 text, including changes discussed
in email [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Aug/0000.html][28] [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02
-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04][30]]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-819 - Update 2.0 11.3 text, including changes
discussed in email [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Aug/0000.html][28] [on Pratik Datta - due 2011-08-09].

<fjh> LC-2506, [http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42458/WD-
xmldsig-core2-20110421/2506?cid=2506][31]

<fjh> need to track down what specific change is needed here

<fjh> ACTION-699?

<trackbot> ACTION-699 -- Cynthia Martin to update interop wiki with suite B
organization -- due 2010-11-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> [http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/699][32]

## Summary of Action Items

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to check in test cases document distributed by
Gerald [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-
minutes.html#action03][26]]

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to prepare and submit best practices draft for
publication [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-
minutes.html#action02][23]]

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to update SIgnature 1.1 and 2.0 with change of
SHOULD in 4.5 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-
minutes.html#action01][20]]

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** pdatta to update 2.0 11.3 text, including changes
discussed in email [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Aug/0000.html][28] [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02
-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04][30]]


[End of minutes]

* * *

Minutes formatted by David Booth's [scribe.perl][33] version 1.135 ([CVS
log][34])

$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $

   [1]: http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home

   [2]: http://www.w3.org/

   [3]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0017.html

   [4]: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-irc

   [5]: #agenda

   [6]: #item01

   [7]: #item02

   [8]: #item03

   [9]: #item04

   [10]: #item05

   [11]: #item06

   [12]: #item07

   [13]: #ActionSummary

   [14]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2011Jul/0006.html

   [15]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
xmlsec/2011Jun/att-0058/minutes-2011-06-28.html

   [16]: http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42458/CR-xmldsig-
core1-20110303/2502

   [17]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jun/0063.html

   [18]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jun/0064.html

   [19]: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.html
#sec-RetrievalMethod

   [20]: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01

   [21]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0007.html

   [22]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0013.html

   [23]: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02

   [24]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0014.html

   [25]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0009.html

   [26]: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03

   [27]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jul/0015.html

   [28]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0000.html

   [29]: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-20/#sec-
NamespaceContext

   [30]: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04

   [31]: http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42458/WD-xmldsig-
core2-20110421/2506?cid=2506

   [32]: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/699

   [33]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

   [34]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Tuesday, 2 August 2011 15:05:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:42:26 UTC