Re: ACTION-549: Proposal for QName handling in C14N 2.0

Thanks for this proposal Scott.

I have two questions.

(1)

> In section 2.3, the text on Text Nodes would be modified by adding:
>
> "If the prefix rewriting parameter is set, and if the parent element node is
> among those enumerated for the qnameAware option, then the QName or CURIE
> value of the attribute is rewritten with the new prefix."

Should "value of the attribute is rewritten with the new prefix." be revised to say:

 "value of any QName  text content listed in the enumerated qnameAware option is rewritten with the new prefix."

(2)  Examples of the qnameAware option would be helpful, especially in the text node case.

If this approach were used for example 2.5.3 ( http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/c14n-20/#sec-ExcCanonicalization-Example )

then would the qnameAware option contain the value "wsu:Id"?

if a:b text within the element foo:bar  were to be processed, would qnameAware option contain "foo:bar, a: b"?

<something xmlns:foo="http://www.example.com/foo" xmlns:a="http://www.example.com/a">
 <foo:bar>
a:b
 </foo:bar>