Re: Reference for SHA-1 being broken

True, it is a reference to a book that can be obtained from a library
or purchased. Moreover the link provides useful information for
following up.

RFC 4270 is dated 2005 and I note it states

[[ The attacks against SHA-1 are not feasible with today's computers,
but will be if the attacks are improved or Moore's Law continues to
make computing power cheaper. ]]
Thus continuing the reference to Wang paper provided by Hal might be
more appropriate.