Re: ACTION-301: Example of KEM message and how to create it

Assuming the KDF has certain properties relating to ECIES-KEM (in
particular the inclusion of the public ephemeral key in the key
derivation) we would not, since in the case of EC (or DL more generally)
we're first generating a random key pair (the ephemeral key pair) and from
that we're generating a shared key which in turn is used to encrypt
something - be it some data or a content-encryption key. So this is OK and
in line with KEM.

As I mentioned on the call this week, you will have the same functionality
with the ECDH agreement method but the benefit of KEM is that we're
introducing a framework for key encapsulation that fits all public-key
systems and which also has some provable security benefits.

-- Magnus