Re: Charter decision next Tuesday

On 2008-01-17 20:39:09 +0000, Anthony Nadalin wrote:

> Concern here is that this proposed charter does not address the
> issues that we have today such as performance and footprint. It
> seems to be continuing to go down the existing path, we should be
> exploring way not to have to use C14N and smaller more efficient
> algorithms.

The current draft says explicitly:

  In considering these use cases and requirements, the Working
  Group's attention is in particular called to the performance and
  memory efficiency of implementations.

The language on canonicalization is phrased to open the door toward
smaller and more efficient algorithms.

It would be helpful if you could propose concrete edits that would
help to address your concerns.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>