Re: Updated implementation report for c14n 1.1

On 2008-01-08 10:02:31 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> When I bring up this document in IE6.x, most of the links aren't
> shown as links.  This must be an IE6.x bug.  I'm guessing it's
> due to having things like:

>   "xxx">
>
> (a line break between href= and the quoted value), but when
> I save the HTML locally, I don't have the same problem, so I
> can't really figure it out.  Maybe you could try to have the
> source break differently and see if it makes a difference.  Or
> else we can just tell folks not to use IE--it seems to work
> fine in other browsers.

I'm actually having the same problem in Firefox 3b2, and can't quite
figure out what it is.  The validator is not complaining, for sure.

> Also, no where in either the IR or the Test Cases document is
> there really any information about the implementations.

Good point.

> I assume these implementations aren't secret--in fact, I would
> think the various implementors would appreciate a bit more
> publicity.  So it seems to me there should be a section in either
> the IR or in the Test Cases document that lists the
> implementations along with a pointer for each implementation to
> any more information that implementor cares to give.  Or perhaps
> you could just ask each implementor to provide a URL that points
> to whatever info they care to provide and then make the
> implementor name in the header of the test results table a link
> to that URL.

Note that, right now, the report is member-confidential.  But you're
probably right that (a) it can hopefully be published some time soon
(certainly when everybody has put in their results), and (b) it
would be useful to have some information about the implementations
available.

Let's see what we can get in time for next week.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>