Re: Request for information on implementation choices with respect to 4.3.3.1 (URI attribute values in ds:References) and encoding

Frederick Hirsch wrote:

> XMLSec interop participants and other XML Signature implementers
>
> One of the issues we are working through is the interpretation of
> section 4.3.3.1 with regards to the value of the URI attribute for a
> ds:Reference.
>
> The issue was summarized at a high level by Thomas
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Oct/0020.html
>
> This message is a request  for participants in the interop event and
> other implementers to  examine their implementations and to indicate to
> the XMLSec WG   whether they assume the value placed in the URI
> attribute value conforms to URI syntax (e.g. is escaped) and if not,
> when used whether it is transformed to conform to that syntax (is escaped).

The former. When generating, we check that it conforms to RFC 2396/2732
URI syntax and if so insert it in the signature as specified. We don't
do any manipulation (escaping, etc) of the URI.

--Sean