Re: deprecating xpointer

How about:

"""
[XPointer-xpointer] is in Working Draft status as of publication
of this edition of XML Signature.  Therefore, the use of the
optional xpointer() scheme beyond the minimal usage discussed in this
section is discouraged for new systems and applications creating XML
signatures.
"""

This will discourage new signatures being created using the xpointer
scheme, however not deprecate to optionally verify existing signatures
that have been created since 2002.

Konrad

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm