Re: Open systems / Freedom ( was RE: The Web as an Application)

David:

Yes, namespaces are definitely inline information about the data.

some questions on your example:
1) did you know about all the namespaces that would show up on the response
_before_ you made the request? if yes, how?
2) if you did not know about all the namespaces that would show up in the
response before hand, how did you handle the "unexpected" namespaces?
3) in your work what is the likelihood that you will encounter a response
that has an unexpected namespace at runtime? when it occurs, what happens?

FWIW, i think this community was formed to deal not w/ describing data
(that's more than adequately covered in XML today), but to come up w/ a
generic way to describe network actions.

mca
+1.859.757.1449
skype: mca.amundsen
http://amundsen.com/blog/