RE: document node attributes

From: Rushforth, Peter <Peter.Rushforth@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:36:22 +0000
To: David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>, "liam@w3.org" <liam@w3.org>
CC: "public-xmlhypermedia@w3.org" <public-xmlhypermedia@w3.org>
> Maybe a possible road to "success" of hypermedia is defining
> a "Profile" for XML designed for the web.
> Much like MicroXML which is designed as a subset of XML
> intended for simpler applications, one could imagine a
> simpler concept designed for "XML On the web"
> Then we are free to write our own rules about what is part of
> the core spec or not

On reflection I think this would be actively detrimental to XML.
By splitting XML into Web and Non-Web, the support of software projects would
necessarily be divided.  One might flourish at the expense of the
other.  I argued this position in MicroXML, but @xml:* was sacrificed
for essentially aesthetic reasons.

By changing XML core, backwards compatibility
would obviously be a requirement.  Support might evolve for the new
features, or it might not.  It wouldn't be detrimental though IMHO.

Peter