Fwd: Error in test case entry sun/not-wf/encoding07.xml

Should I add all these comments to the current XML TS issues table, which
is title "XML 1.2 2nd edition Test Suite Issues"? My recommendation is to
change the title to "XML Conformance Test Suite Issues" and continue adding
to this one.

Sandra

>From: "Karl Waclawek" <karl@waclawek.net>
>To: <public-xml-testsuite@w3.org>
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:06:16 -0400
>Subject: Error in test case entry sun/not-wf/encoding07.xml
>Sender: public-xml-testsuite-request@w3.org
>

>The XML file listing SUN's not-wf test cases seems to have an
>error in the entry for the test case with ID encoding07:
>
>The entry looks like this:
>
><TEST URI="not-wf/encoding07.xml" ID="encoding07" TYPE="not-wf"
>SECTIONS="4.3.1 [77]"
>ENTITIES="parameter">
>     Text declarations (which optionally begin any external entity)
>     are required to have "encoding=...". </TEST>
>
>The attribute ENTITIES should have the value "general", since the test
>case requires general entity expansion, as can be seen from the test case
>itself:
>
><!DOCTYPE root [
>     <!ELEMENT root EMPTY>
>
>     <!--
>  reusing this entity; it's got no markup decls,
>  so it's legal except for a missing "encoding=...".
>     -->
>     <!ENTITY empty SYSTEM "dtd07.dtd">
>]>
><root>&empty;</root>
>

>I came across this problem as our test app did not turn on
>general entity expansion and so the Expat parser would not
>report a WF error.
>
>Karl

Sandra I. Martinez
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970,