XProc Minutes 19 November 2014

See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes


                                - DRAFT -

                         XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 258, 19 Nov 2014


   See also: [3]IRC log


           Norm, Alex, Loren, Vojtech, Jim





     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting
         4. [8]Review of open action items
         5. [9]Are we ready for FPWD
         6. [10]Jim's proposal to make p:inline optional
         7. [11]Norm's attempt to update try/catch
         8. [12]Norm's attempt to address Vojtech's comments
         9. [13]Any other business

     * [14]Summary of Action Items


  Accept this agenda?

   -> [15]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-agenda


  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [16]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/12-minutes


  Next meeting

   Proposed: 26 Nov 2014 does anyone have to give regrets?

   No regrets heard.

  Review of open action items

   Norm asserts completion of A-256-02.

   Jim asserts completion of A-257-01.

   <scribe> ACTION: Norm to check with Laim about the holiday publishing
   moritorium [recorded in

  Are we ready for FPWD

   Norm: Are we comfortable with the current draft. Is there anything we have
   to do

   Alex: Proof it, give it a careful read through.

   <scribe> ACTION: Alex to proof the specs. [recorded in

   Norm: There are two sections, AVT and TVT to deal with.

  Jim's proposal to make p:inline optional

   <jfuller> [19]https://github.com/xproc/specification/pull/120


   Jim outlines his changes.

   Norm observes that Section 5.1 still refers to plural elements; Jim agrees
   it's an oversight. Fixes.


   Vojtech wonders if we want to have a different pattern name for

   Norm suggests it's probably ok this way; if we had a different pattern
   we'd have to explain it somewhere.

   Proposed: With the plural change, accept this pull request.


   <jfuller> thx folks

  Norm's attempt to update try/catch


   Norm outlines his proposal.

   Norm thinks code should probably be QName+

   Vojtech: At the moment catch is required. What if it was optional.
   ... You could use the finally block as described.

   Norm: I considered it, but didn't. We could do that later.
   ... I'll add that to the ednote for p:finally

   Proposal: With those two changes, shall we accept this change?


  Norm's attempt to address Vojtech's comments


   Vojtech: I think the change in 2.3 is incorrect; readable port isn't
   right, it's also p:inline, etc.
   ... I thought there was a term for "data sources".

   Norm: I'm happy to change that to "in combination with other data
   ... We should also add a definition for data source if we're going to use

   Vojtech: Do we say anything about what is a valid content type.

   Alex: That's a slippery slope. It may be that text/* isn't useful, but it
   could be.

   Norm: I'll add an issue to track what decide about valid content types.

   -> [24]https://ndw.github.io/specification/

   Proposal: Accept these changes.


  Any other business

   Alex: We need to get Liam involved to get the FPWD out.

   Norm: Yes, I'll take care of that.

   <jfuller> [25]https://github.com/xproc/specification/issues/109

   Jim: I'd like to make sure we talk about this again.
   ... I wonder if there's some defaulting behavior that can satisfy some of
   these cases.


Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alex to proof the specs. [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Norm to check with Laim about the holiday publishing
   moritorium [recorded in

   [End of minutes]


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.140 ([29]CVS
    $Date: 2014-11-25 16:50:44 $


   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-xproc-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item07
  12. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item08
  13. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#item09
  14. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-minutes#ActionSummary
  15. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/19-agenda
  16. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/11/12-minutes
  17. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
  18. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-xproc-minutes.html#action02]
  19. https://github.com/xproc/specification/pull/120
  20. http://xquery.github.io/xproc-vnext-spec/langspec/xproc20/head/xproc20/diff.html
  21. https://github.com/xquery/xproc-vnext-spec/commit/d2bf246114419dc9ab85322214b2f60dd11dfb12
  22. https://ndw.github.io/specification/langspec/try-catch/head/xproc20/diff.html#p.try
  23. https://ndw.github.io/specification/langspec/spec-comments/head/xproc20/diff.html
  24. https://ndw.github.io/specification/
  25. https://github.com/xproc/specification/issues/109
  26. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-xproc-minutes.html#action02
  27. http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-xproc-minutes.html#action01
  28. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  29. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 16:51:46 UTC