Re: Parameters

Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Toman, Vojtech <vojtech.toman@emc.com> wrote:
>

>> I agree. But in cases when it is not a good thing, the pipeline
>> author should be able explicitly override the default behavior.
>>

> Yes, you're probably right.   I could see wanting to invoke a step and
> say: "the default parameters are all empty" or set them to specific
> sets of values.

On the p:xslt step, that's easy, just provide a value for the
$parameters option.

If you're writing a third party pipeline and you want to provide
that level of control, you can:

Now the caller of ex:bar can set the parameters any way they want.
If they do nothing, the default passthrough behavior occurs.

> We would need to add something to do this or possibly use p:group in
> some way.

I'm not yet convinced. I don't mind making third party pipeline authors
type a few extra lines if it saves ordinary users the burden of ever
having to learn new syntax and hierarchical defaulting rules.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh