Re: Update: XProc V.next Requirements and Use Cases

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:
> Here is my feedback on the current state of this document:
>
> 1. I think we should just call the next version XProc 2.0 instead of V.next.

+1

> 2. wrt "Streaming" (end of section 2), we didn't really address
> streaming at all in version 1.0.  There are constructs like viewport
> that are possible to stream but that depends on the XPath used in the
> match pattern.  As such, streaming is largely left up to the
> implementor.  The question for version 2.0 is whether there is
> something else we should do.

I think the streaming question is best answered by implementation … I
think the only questions we need to concern ourselves with at this
stage is if there is anything in 1.0 that disallows impl freedom ? I
am thinking along the lines of do we need to make anything more
optional versus drilling down into the spec ?

agree with 3.7

Thank you to Murray for getting us here with this doc … pls in my
absence allocate me 5-6 use cases to review and provide examples for.

As for zip.unzip doc I have still not found a gap in schedule to get
it to a commentable stage … I note that Vojtech provided some apropos
and valid email of late on the subject.