Re: Template note updated

Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> writes:
> I don't see why this makes things easier.  That's like saying since
> "&" has to be escaped in XML and we use ";" to end entity references,
> a ";" needs to be escaped.
>
> I would prefer it to not be an error unless we find some *really* good reason.

So if I want to include "{some content}" literally in my template, I
have to generate

  <script>function f() {{some content}</script>

rather than

  <script>function f() {{some content}}</script>

And if I do use the second form, I'll get:

  <script>function f() {some content}}</script>

in the output. You're OK with all of those inconsistencies?

I think we either have to say "}" needs to be escaped or it doesn't. I
prefer to say it has to be escaped because I think that's more
consistent.

OTOH, I expect it'll be pretty uncommon to want to generate curly
braces (script elements in (X)HTML output notwithstanding) so I'll
probably vote "concur" whichever way the wind blows.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh