Re: In-scope variable bindings in p:variable

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> When responding to a question on xproc-dev today
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xproc-dev/2010Jun/0041.html), I

Sigh. I am so far behind again.

> realized that the spec is perhaps a bit unclear about the in-scope
> variable bindings that are in scope for p:variable/@select. More
> specifically, is the following allowed?

> If so, where does it follow from?

The third paragraph of 5.7.1 says, of p:variable, in part:

  ...with the addition of bindings for all preceding-sibling
  p:variable and p:option elements.

So I think the example above is pretty clearly allowed.

> Based on the xproc-dev discussion, it
> looks like Calabash does not support this - but Calumet does.

That's news to me; given pipe.xpl:

I get:

$ calabash /projects/src/calabash/pipe.xpl
INFO: Running pipeline !1
INFO: Running add-attribute !1.4
<doc test="foo"/>

                                        Be seeing you,