Re: p:schema-import

On 17 May 2008, at 16:26, Norman Walsh wrote:
> It occurs to me that if we want to support expressions like this:

> we're going to need a p:schema-import statement to provide type
> information to the XProc processor.

No new features! (Well, it's worth a shot ;)

Seriously, we could say that for XProc v1, even if you're using XPath
2.0, the in-scope schema definitions are all empty. If you want to do
schema-aware processing, you have to use XQuery or XSLT or another
schema-aware step to do so.

Then an implementation could offer a <psvi-aware:delete> step; the
implementation's definition of psvi-aware:delete would include
information about how the in-scope schema definitions are populated
prior to the evaluation of the 'match' option (eg through another
option or parameters, using the PSVI itself, using a fixed set of
known namespaces, ...).

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison