Re: Excluding prefix on p:inline (was Re: XProc Minutes 31 Jan 2008)

Just one question

If my pipeline is in "XML 1.1 with Namespace 1.1" , can I process "XML
1.0 with Namespace 1.0" without problems ?

I think the answer is "not so sure"

For example, if I have a p:inline with some xmlns:foo="" *inside* the
document, I will have to do namespace fixup that I may not be able to
do

So as 99% of the XML documents are in XML 1.0 with Namespaces 1.0, I
would strongly object if we mandate the output of the pipeline to also
be XML 1.1 with Namespace 1.1.

That's why, as for XPath we allow both 1.0 and 2.0, to not mandate XML
1.1 with Namespaces 1.1.

As a consequence I reiterate my support for proposal C with an
include-prefixes attributes, which will be easy to understand and easy
to implement also

Mohamed