Re: Excluding prefix on p:inline (was Re: XProc Minutes 31 Jan 2008)

> / Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
> | Although we could punt to extension steps that others write,
> | namespaces cause such problems generally, I think we should make
> | namespace handling as straight-forward as possible.
>
> Could we punt to XML 1.1? You can just undeclare them in XML 1.1.

If the attribute we introduce was declared on the root element I could
see a benefit over XML 1.1 (potentially avoiding repetition on each
p:inline). Otherwise my inclination would also be to just rely on XML
1.1.

What would be the drawback of relying on XML 1.1? Are we worried about
XML 1.1 implementations not being available for some environments?

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
Orbeon's Blog: http://www.orbeon.com/blog/