Re: Types for Option Values

On 5/23/07, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:

We can either:

1) Pass the namespaces in scope to the step, along with other
information we have talked about.
2) Exclude QName from the list of simple types that can be used.

But I wouldn't throw away the whole typing functionality just because
there is an issue with QName.

> I suppose we *could* say that the type attribute purely constrained the
> lexical representation of the value, and the value itself is a string,
> but I do think this would cause confusion.

This conflicts with the definition of what a QName is, so I would
prefer to adopt #1 or #2 mentioned earlier.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/