Re: Fixed Windows use case

Innovimax SARL writes:

> I have skipped the groupBy name for two reason :
> * it sounds like group-by in XSLT 2.0 for-each-group
> * it suggest than the element will be grouped whatever the document order
> is.

Not fussed about the name. . .

> With
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <a>
>  <b att="a" id="_1"/>
>  <b att="a" id="_2"/>
>  <b att="b" id="_3"/>
>  <b att="a" id="_4"/>
>  <b att="b" id="_5"/>
> </a>
>
> what will be the result of p:wrap(name="my:wrapper", match="a/b",
> groupBy="@att") ?

<a>
 <my:wrapper>
  <b att="a" id="_1"/>
  <b att="a" id="_2"/>
 </my:wrapper>
 <my:wrapper>
  <b att="b" id="_3"/>
 </my:wrapper>
 <my:wrapper>
  <b att="a" id="_4"/>
 </my:wrapper>
 <my:wrapper>
  <b att="b" id="_5"/>
 </my:wrapper>
</a>

> 1) with reorganizing the document order. I'm really doubtful about this one.
> we could end up with duplicating nodes. And it seems really to cumbersome to
> implement in a streaming fashion.

No way, I agree - - the whole point is that it's trivial to implement
this in a typical SAX-type environment -- when a start-tag matches the
match pattern, you output a start event for the wrapper, read and echo
the whole matching subtree, if the next event is a) matching and b)
has same value for group-by, carry on and ship _that_ subtree,
otherwise close the wrapper.

Wrt whitespace, my implementation does _not_ close a group for
all-white text nodes or comments or PIs. . .

ht
- --
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk