Re: Optional FO Formatter --> add SVG and MathML serializer

> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | On the same track of XSL FO Formatter, I propose to add SVG and MathML
> | Serializer
>
> Do these formats contain enough useful information to be rendered?
> The FO format contains page layout and font information, so it's
> clear what "rendered" means.
>
> For SVG and MathML, I think you'd need at bunch of additional
> parameters to specify dimensions, font sizes, etc.

SVG contains enough information to be converted to an image or
a PDF.

MathML needs some help.

Is there a standard way to do this?

Yes.  Use XSL FO! :)

In both cases, you can generate an XSL FO document containing
the SVG or MathML and run them through your FO processor.

That would give you much better control than what we could provide
via a step.

I could possibly see having an SVG converter step if someone can
enumerate the set of options (e.g. image size, etc.) for the step
declaration.