Re: component questions

On 3/15/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alex Milowski writes:
>
> >> What does the xinclude-from-sequence component _do_?  I can't tell
> >> - From the text.  I'm guessing it does xinclude processing on one
> >> of the documents in the sequence (first? last?), but what kind of URIs
> >> does that document use to address the _other_ documents in the
> >> sequence?
> >

> > The included documents are taken from the sequence by the base URI
> > of the document.
>
> Hunh?  Still don't understand, sorry -- can you give simple example,
> please?

You want to xinclude a document where the documents that are included
are from the sequence provided on the 'documents' port.  The regular
the XInclude processor would uses the URI directly and gets them
from that URI in an implementation defined way.  This version of XInclude
gets them from content in the pipeline (i.e. the sequence documents supplied
on
the 'documents' port).

The only difference is that the regular xinclude just uses the URI and
this xinclude looks for documents in the sequence supplied on
the 'documents' input port.