Re: On parameters

On 6/14/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> I can certainly live with this, and I agree that the basic analysis is
> correct, but I have a few residual concerns:
>
> 1) We are grabbing another port name for pipeline use;

Note that we don't necessarily have to make "parameters" a reserved
port name for all the pipelines. Not more than "public static void
main(String [ ] args)" is a reserved method signature in Java. It is
just pipelines called from the command line or other similar
environment, that would need to have a "parameter" input port to
access parameters passed on the command line.

Other pipelines not intended to be called from the command line could
use other port names, and in particular have multiple ports that
correspond to multiple "parameter sets".

> 2) I'm not sure about the whole defaulting situation. . .

I will refrain very hard from commenting on this. ;)

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/