Re: Chameleon components

On 2/18/07, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> So, on 1:
>
> I think it's a mistake to bundle multiple applications into a single
> component (i.e. have "p:transform" and "p:validate" steps) because they
> have completely different interfaces. [...]

You're exposing your line of reasoning with eloquence, and yes, I am convinced.

> On 2:
>
> (b) parameter names are element names (i.e. we have <p:initial-mode>
> elements inside <p:xslt2>)

I like this as well. In the case of XSLT, there are number of use
cases where those parameters need to be dynamic. So with this syntax
we can easily support on <p:initial-mode> the same constructs we do on

    <!-- Initial template set statically -->
    <!-- Initial mode extracted from a document -->

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/