Re: Load Component

> / Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
> | On 1/31/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> |> that's interesting, on which signal, you would detect that it is *not*
> |> an XML document ?
> |
> | With HTTP for instance, you get a content type. If it is not
> | application/xml or similar, the component could attempt to convert it
> | to XML. Say it is text/html: the component can run something like HTML
> | Tidy so you get XML. This is what we do (if you choose to do so) in
>
> I would have expected "tidy" to be its own component.

The problem is that if you give a URI to the load component that is an
HTML document, then you need to run "tidy" to parse the resource.

An implementation can look at the mime type (or assumed mime type)
and decide whether they want to do that.  The question is whether this
is an extension to our component or a built-in feature (even if optional).