Re: XSLT non-XML output

On 4/18/07, Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> > That doesn't work for my use case.  I want to associate
> > serialization parameters to output ports of pipelines.  That way
> > the environment in which the pipeline is executed can do
> > the "right thing" much as is the case when you execute
> > an XSLT transform with the 'html' serialization output method.
>
> Alex, assuinge we allow the pipeline author to specify that a certain
> output should use the html serialization method, what happens to this
> output when this pipeline is called from another pipeline?

The same thing that happens when you import a transformation
and change the output method.  The inner output method is
ignored.

In the case of calling a pipeline, the outputs of the called pipeline
have to be XML and aren't being serialized.  As such, the serialization
method information can safely be ignored.