Re: standard components edits

On 4/16/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> I strongly agree -- no special-casing for N3 or Relax-NG or XQuery or . .
> .
>
> I note that we can get an arbitrary text document into a pipe with a
> trivial wrapper element as follows

>     <wrapper>
>      <xi:include href="[your doc URI here]" parse="text"/>
>     </wrapper>

Nice.  That trick gets written down! :)

Should we provide a micro-component for this case, e.g.

> ?

Since you can do this with xinclude, I think this is  OK to leave alone.

We could then say that compact syntax for RelaxNG or XQuery query docs
> must be wrapped in specified elements, and then their secondary inputs
> are to a limited extent polymorphic, distinguished by their document
> elements, as between full/compact for Relax-NG and XQueryX/text for
> XQuery.

Right now we're defining a step-vocabulary element for XQuery.  I think we
could define an extra step vocabulary element for text wrappers and
then steps like relax can use that.

Unfortunately, XQuery isn't all text but may not have a document element
(e.g. the "declare namepace f="...";" in the prolog).  As such, that element
needs to be different.