Re: standard components edits

Alessandro,

On 4/13/07, Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> > a default type of XML and it has to be connected to a XML type (you
> > have nothing to precise in this case)
>
> I am strongly in favor of the status quo: "Pipelines take zero or more
> XML documents as their input and produce zero or more XML documents as
> their output." (from Section 1).
>
> Text data can be easily embedded in XML. How this is done can be
> defined by each component, or a "common practice" can be defined by
> XProc and then reused by components. Going with the latter option, a
> text document could look like:
>
> <document xsi:type="xs:string" content-type="text/plain">
> This is line one of the input document! This is line two of the input
> document! This is line three of the input document!
> </document>
>
> And a binary document could look like:
>
> <document xsi:type="xs:base64Binary" content-type="image/jpeg">
> /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEBygHKAAD/2wBDAAQDAwQDAwQEBAQFBQQFBwsHBwYGBw4KCggLEA4R
> KKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooA//2Q==
> </document>

Ok I see two edge cases :
1) we have to use XML Schema datatypes in XProc
2) how do you inform the component that your input is an
*embedded-in-xml* one ? so how ,in case there could be embedded-in-xml
and natural-xml, do you make the difference (XQuery vs XQueryX,
RDF/XML vs Turtle, Relax NG Compact vs Relax NG, JSON vs XML, DTD vs
XML Schema, ...) ?

I think we are turning around flow typing

So if you want you add another type to the list
xml
text
embedded-in-xml

And as I asked before, how do you tackle with XSLT output="text" or
output="html" ??

Mohamed