Re: XProc: An XML Pipeline Language

First, thanks for the nice bootstrap document.

The introduction states "The outputs from the last component constitute
the outputs of the pipeline itself."

I'm not so sure about this. Imagine the following example:

             O1
            /
I1 -> XSLT
            \
             O2 -> XSLT -> O2b

The pipeline is defined by two XSLT steps. The first takes an input
document (I1), splits it into two documents (O1, O2). O1 will not be
processed further, yet I want it to be serialized. On the other hand, O2
will be processed in the next pipeline step into O2b. This output will
be part of the pipeline output, therefore serialized.

If the pipeline outputs are just the outputs from the last component, in
this simple example O1 wouldn't be serialized, just O2b. Is this the
expected behaviour we want to provide?

Cheers,
Rui