Re: XQuery 1.0

mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com> writes:
> Well
>
> 1) it is an optional step, so I won't die for that (people can do p:xquery11)
> 2) there is a lot of profile for XQuery (Update, Scripting extension, etc..)
> 3) we should be consistent with p:xsl-formatter (2.0 in the pipe),
> p:validate-with-xml-schema (1.1 in the pipe), p:validate-with-relax-ng
> (some amendments in the pipe), etc.
>
> I don't think this problem is easy to solve
>
> The only thing I see is to have on all step that rely on a
> specifiction to have <p:option name="version"> with a consistent
> story, so that we don't have to come back to it

I was proposing something much less sophisticated. My proposal is that
we change "XQuery 1.0" to "XQuery 1.0 or any later version. Support for
other versions is implementation-defined." Or words to that effect.

I'm not trying to solve the versioning problem. Fivish years of that
on the TAG was enough for me! I just want to make sure we give XProc
implementors the ability to change with the times, even if the times
change faster than we do.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--