Re: p:xquery and c:data

Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>> "If the document root element is c:data or has a c:content-type
>> attribute that specifies a text content type or a media type that the
>> implementation recognizes, then the text descendants of this element are
>> considered the query."
>
>   Unfortunately, I can't provide you with an answer, but I have
> another related question ;-)
>
>   The above paragraph tells that the processor has to use the text
> value of the query document.  I know XQuery is not well-formed XML,
> and that has been debated before.  But can't we use content-type to
> enable one to use XML as the query?  Something like:
>
>     <!-- no @content-type, or text/plain -->
>     <c:data>
>        &lt;result&gt; {
>        }
>        &lt;/result&gt;
>     </c:data>
>
> could then be written as:
>
>     <c:data content-type="application/xml">
>        <result> {
>        }
>        </result>
>     </c:data>

Not really. The input to the query processor *isn't* XML. We could provide
that functionality and add all the serialization parameters to the p:xquery
step, but I think it's cleaner to just use a p:escape-markup step yourself.
(Write your own ex:xquery-accepting-xml step if you do it a lot.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Wisdom is only a comparative quality,