Re: Possible problems with unsupported steps

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
> So far so good. But the thing about unsupported steps is that the
> processor not only does not support them, but it also does not know
> their declarations - which, among other things, means that it doesn't
> know what the step's input and output ports are (and which of them, if
> any, are primary). This can cause problems when the processor processes
> the pipeline document, establishes the running order of steps and
> detects static errors.

Hmm. I think perhaps the spec is unclear, but I believe the intent is
that a declaration must always be present. If the processor encounters
an element for which it doesn't have a declaration, then I think
that's err:XS0044.

My implementation, for example, implicitly imports a set of
declarations for its extension steps. I wonder if its allowed to do
that, or if the author is required to explicitly import that
library...

In any event, I believe that this pipeline can be rejected statically:

    <cx:message message="Hi Mom"/>

while this pipeline can be rejected either statically or dynamically:

    <cx:message message="Hi Mom"/>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--