[closed] Re: Handling of relative URIs in option values

Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> There a number of steps that contain options that represents a URI:
>
> p:directory-list
> p:load
> p:make-absolute-uris
> P:store
> p:xslt
> p:xsl-formatter
>
> For each of these steps (except for p:store, see below) the spec says:
>
> "If [URI] is relative, it is made absolute against the base URI of the
> element on which it is specified (p:option or [STEP] in the case of a
> syntactic shortcut value)."
>
> I think it should read:
>
> "If [URI] is relative, it is made absolute against the base URI of the
> element on which it is specified (p:with-option or [STEP] in the case of
> a syntactic shortcut value)." + probably something that says that if the
> option is not specified, the base URI of the step is used.
>
> Or do I get something wrong?

I agree that it should use p:with-option. With respect to what it
means if the option isn't specified, I think that varies on a per-step
basis and I think they're all correct. Please let me know if you think
I got one wrong.

> The prose for p:store is different because p:store behaves a bit
> differently if the 'href' option is not specified, but I still think the
> text should contain the same sentence about relative URIs as in the case
> of the other steps. Otherwise it is not clear what to do with relative
> URIs in p:store.

Now that href is required, I've fixed this one too.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything is temporary.