No path specified in p:directory-list

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:34:34 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

The text for p:directory-list says that if the 'path' option is not
specified, the base URI of the p:directory-list is used. But right in
the next paragraph, it says that it is a dynamic error if the absolute
path does not identify a directory.

So, if you don't specify 'path', it will be (typically) set to something
like ".../my-pipeline.xpl" which will cause the step to fail.

Is this intentional? If so, why don't we just say that it is a dynamic
error if the 'path' option is not specified? Or even better, why not
make 'path' required on p:directory-list?