Re: XInclude 1.1 issue

On 12.9.2014 13:45, John Cowan wrote:
>> Another option is to say that if xml:base is copied, the absolute
>> base URI is used as the attribute's value.
>
> I think the latter is better.  No special treatment is needed for xml:lang,
> because the meaning of its value is absolute and does not depend on the
> previous value.

Speaking of this, it migth be interesting to add special treatment for
xml:id. If xml:id is empty on <xi:include/> then it would be useful to
remove xml:id from transcluded content to prevent duplicate IDs on
content included more then once.

Another possibility is to exclude xml:* attributes from copying, use
custom attributes and do any ID corrections on application level.

     Jirka