Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 September 5

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 11:06:37AM -0500, Paul Grosso wrote:
> Regrets
> -------
> Daniel, proxy to the chair
[...]
> Daniel Veillard (with regrets, proxy to the chair)

  Actually, I think i should registered as Red Hat now :-)

> Our next telcon will be September 19.  Norm sends regrets.

  And I expect to be there !

> >Charter renewal, need to rejoin
> >-------------------------------
[...]
> Paul has seen confirmation that the following have (re)joined:
> Innovimax, MarkLogic, Paul, W3C (Liam), U of E (Henry), Red Hat.
>
> Note that, though the organization has joined, no individual
> has been nominated for Innovimax, MarkLogic, or Red Hat.

  Ah, weird, I though Mark Little nominated me for Red Hat,
however I still also represent the libxml2 user base which is
why I was registered as individual so far. Either way should
be fine though it's clear I will be representing Red Hat (too) now.

[...]
> >Fall TPAC
> >---------
> >There will be a TPAC meeting in Lyon, France in October/November:
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Mar/0006
> >
> >We have signed up to have a WG f2f there.
> >
> >Likely to attend:  Norm, Liam, Henry, Jirka, Mohamed
> >Not likely to attend:  Glenn, Paul, John, Daniel

  I still think it's unlikely I will attend in person,

[...]
> Liam raised an issue about a note about error recovery at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Sep/0002
>
> Neither Paul nor Norm thought creating such a note was
> going to be particularly useful, and Paul wondered why
> the XML Core WG should write a note about something that
> is not XML, but we decided we would pick this up when
> Liam and others can be on the call.

  To be honnest this comes all the time, people who ends up
with errors in their stream and needing to be pointed at the spec
explicitely showing the description of "fatal error", and more
importantly why the original Working Group took that radical
stance on error handling.
  So education need to be done, but if the people won't read the
REC why would they read a NOTE ? That's IMHO not the right approach

> ----
>
> John gave a brief report of Micro XML.  The key issue is
> whether PIs should be in, in but not in the data model, or
> not allowed at all.  Namespaces have been tossed completely
> meaning that one cannot have colons in names (including xml:*
> names).

  Damn, where is this sitting ? Last i heard about it was on James blog
  http://blog.jclark.com/2010/12/microxml.html
and didn't heard from it since ...

[...]
> >5.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> >
> >On 2012 February 14, we published
> >XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
> >
> >Norm created a first draft XInclude 1.1 which is at
> >http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/08/xinclude-11/diff.html
> >
> >Some email discussion has already occurred at
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Aug/thread#msg5
> >
> >ACTION to members of the WG:  Review the draft at
> >http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/08/xinclude-11/diff.html
> >and comment before or during our telcon on Sept 5.
> >

> Paul, Norm, Jirka, and John have reviewed and have no
> comments (other than the items listed "TO DO").
>
> ACTION to Henry, Glenn, Daniel, Mohamed, Liam:  Review
> and comment on the XInclude 1.1 draft.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Add some examples, change "resource error"
> to "recoverable error", and make a general sanity check pass
> on the XInclude 1.1 draft.
>
> ACTION to Paul:  Propose SOTD wording for a FPWD.

  Yeah I really ought to read it and give comments, sorry,
I will try to do this before the 19th

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/