Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 September 5

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 11:06 -0500, Paul Grosso wrote:
[...]
> Liam raised an issue about a note about error recovery at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Sep/0002

I'm sorry I couldn't be on the call today.

> Neither Paul nor Norm thought creating such a note was
> going to be particularly useful, and Paul wondered why
> the XML Core WG should write a note about something that
> is not XML, but we decided we would pick this up when
> Liam and others can be on the call.

Sure. It's partly to give an alternative to Anne's idea of an XML 5
parser, given that non-well-formed XML on the Web is relatively rare.

For us to do it, it's more a case of clarifying the scope of the XML
spec than saying things about non-XML -- e.g. saying, "if it's not XML
sure, you can turn it into XML, but you can't claim the *original* was
XML", and that sounds to me like being in the Core WG's mandate.

Liam