Re: rechartering - please check your new charter SOON

On 2012-12-05 17:31, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 18:11 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
>
>> What happens if something is put down as a Rec-track deliverable and we
>> decide not to deliver it after all?
> The camels drown, it's bad for the zebra, but the tiger and the boy
> survive.
>
> Er wait, wrong plot.
>
> If the charter says, "The WG _MAY_ produce..." then all that happens is
> that we didn't. But people joining the WG have to agree about patents. I
> don't see that as a bad thing necessarily, although it may delay some
> people in larger companies from rejoining.
>
> Liam

Right now, the draft charter at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-core-charter.html
says:

  The Working Group has current plans to:
    . . .
    * Take MicroXML to Recommendation

I don't think that is a true statement in that our current plan
is only to consider taking MicroXML to Rec.  John's wording at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0019
better reflects our current plans.

Liam, can you please make another attempt at reflecting our current
plans in the draft charter while still satisfying whatever legalities
need to be satisfied.