RE: Namespace well-formed external parsed entities?

I'm sure I'm missing some subtlety, but what is the complication?

A document is namespace well-formed if:

1.  it is XML.
2.  All element and attribute names contain either zero or one colon.
3.  No entity names, processing instruction targets, or notation names
    contain any colons.
4.  It conforms to the following namespace constraints:
  a.  Reserved Prefixes and Namespace Names (xml: and xmlns:)
  b.  Prefix Declared
  c.  No Prefix Undeclaring
  d.  Attributes Unique

About the only subtlety I see wrt entities is whether one says
the namespace declaration must be in the entity itself or can
be "inherited" from the "load environment" (in a fashion somewhat
similar to what the XPointer xmlns() scheme allows one to do
for xpointers).

Are there other complications?