Re: Reserved XML names and namespaces

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 09:16:56AM -0400, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> I believe your summary is basically correct.
>
> Some tools (XML editors, schema editors, XSLT processors, etc.) may
> issue a warning as you suggest might be the case, but since the spec
> doesn't require it, such a warning would be optional.

  I had though about that in the context of libxml2 years ago, the
problem is that basically you need to keep a "whitelist" of allowed
"xml" names in the parser and forces the parser to be updated in some ways
when new XML specs using new "xml" based names are issued. A maintainance
nightmare so I didn't do this, even when the parser is in pedantic mode,

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/