Re: Liaison between W3C and ISO JTC 1 SC 34

Indeed! Sorry about that

Here is the content

[[

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1405
DATE: 2010-03-26

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34
Document Description and Processing Languages
Secretariat: Japan (JISC)
DOC. TYPE	 Officer's Contribution
TITLE	 World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Liaison Report to the ISO/IEC
JTC 1/SC 34 Plenary Meeting, Stockholm, Sweden, 2010-03-26
SOURCE	 Liaison Officer [Mr. Mohamed ZERGAOUI]
PROJECT
STATUS	 This document is circulated to the SC 34 national bodies for
information.
ACTION ID	 FYI
DUE DATE
DISTRIBUTION	P, O and L Members of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 ; ISO/IEC JTC 1
Secretariat; ISO/IEC ITTF
ACCESS LEVEL	 Def
ISSUE NO.	 124
FILE
NAME
SIZE (KB)
PAGES
1405.htm

2

Secretariat ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 - IPSJ/ITSCJ (Information Processing
Society of Japan/Information Technology Standards Commission of
Japan)* Room 308-3, Kikai-Shinko-Kaikan Bldg., 3-5-8, Shiba-Koen,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0011 Japan *Standard Organization Accredited by
JISC
Telephone: +81-3-3431-2808; Facsimile: +81-3-3431-2808; E-mail:
kimura@itscj.ipsj.or.jp

I'm glad to report that since last plenary in Seattle, we now have a
bidirectionnal liaison between ISO JTC 1/SC34 and W3C.

The main item of work was to start working together on xml-model
specification for which two successive working draft have been
published here [1].

On March 16th, the W3C published the XML Security RELAX NG Schemas to
which Murata San contributes (see acknowledgments in [2]).

There is now many item of work where JTC 1/SC 34/WG 1 experts have
proposed their expertise to help W3C to use consistently DSDL
technologies (WebCGM, XHTML, XForms, etc.).

We hope that this contribution will continue to be so successful and
fruitful as now.

Mohamed ZERGAOUI, W3C Liaison to SC 34 and SC 34 liaison to W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/xml-model/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-xmlsec-rngschema-20100316/

]]

Regards,