Re: Determining schema language in xml-model (Was: Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 January 27)

Well

I would go for an extra pseudo attribute "namespaces" in order to have space
separted namespaces that could apply there

Regards,

Mohamed

2010/1/28 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>

> John Cowan wrote:
>
> >> One can argue that it is quite strange to request access to resource in
> >> order to determine its content. But in reality most documents will use
> >> just one xml-model processing instruction so the cost of such check will
> >> be small.
> >
> > I disagree, for the reasons given above.
>
> More I think about it I think that you are right, there shoud be such
> mechanism.
>
> >> As to adding new dedicated attribute -- what was ideas about its
> >> content? Namespace of the schema language used?
> >
> > That seems plausible to me.
>
> I was trying to come up with some good name for such attribute, but I
> was not able to find name which I would like.
>
> Then evil idea come to my mind. Lexical spaces for media types and URIs
> do not overlap. So what about overloading type pseudo-attribute?
>
> E.g.
>
> Schema is in RELAX NG compact syntax:
> <?xml-model href="schema.xxx" type="application/relax-ng-compact-syntax"?>
>
> Schema language can't be determined, schema has to be fetched in order
> to recognize it:
> <?xml-model href="schema.xxx" type="application/xml"?>
>
> Schema is written in W3C XML Schema, no need to network access:
> <?xml-model href="schema.xxx" type="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"?>
>
> I still don't know whether this is good idea. Comments and suggestions
> for name of separate attribute welcomed.
>
>                                Jirka
>
> --
>   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>       Professional XML consulting and training services
>  DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris