Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 September 9

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:30:38 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:

> I'd like to point out that we haven't yet had a real WG
> telcon to discuss this draft.
>
> Making something world-readable is publishing it.  And
> before we ask for comments on a draft, I want the WG to
> have a chance to discuss it.

Ok.

> In particular, I was expecting to start with the existing 1.0
> version of the AssocSS document and edit into it the changes
> we agreed upon.  I was not expecting a complete rewrite of
> the spec which makes it harder to see just what's changed
> between the two versions.

Given the desire to split out the parsing part, and the WG consensus to
remove the reference to HTML4, the result would have been pretty much the
same. Since the spec short, I hope it won't be too hard to review the
differences anyway.

I noticed that I forgot to include a paragraph covering the relationship
to the HTTP Link header; I'll fix that.

> It is not clear that the WG in
> general has endorsed this direction.  It's not my preference.

The WG hasn't endorsed any direction. I asked for advice on how to
proceed, but got no advice, so I just went ahead and produced a draft.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software