Re: Changes checked in to son-of-3023

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:23:10 +0100
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 23:20:08 +0100, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello public-xml-core-wg,
>
> Following our productive meeting yesterday, I have edited in the changes
> we agreed and the result is available at
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/latest.html

Sorry to chime in this late, but I don't understand why we don't just fix
the text/xml encoding problem by saying that it's equivalent to
application/xml instead of keeping a requirement that all implementors
will continue to ignore? (Implementors ignore it because there is a
non-trivial legacy (mostly feeds) with charsetless text/xml content that
uses non-us-ascii characters and specify the encoding with the XML
declaration or expect the default to be UTF-8.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software