RE: Progress on XML 1.0 5e disposition of comments

I see that all the points are editorial or process except
Issue boyer-1 which is listed as (substantive, pending):
 Changing the Char production to Unicode 5 is a big change
 for content -- shouldn't we just abandon Unicode altogether?

Should this issue be "(process, pending)"?  Or are we just
going to reject it?