RE: XML Core WG ACTION items

http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/08/proposed-xml10-4e-and-xml11-2e-errata.html
#PE161

> Can someone remind me what is intended by the parenthetical phrase
> "(and other XML strings meant to be used as URI references)".  Are we
> suggesting that all XML applications that use URIs should accept
> the-things-that-will-be-LEIRIs?

Good question.  I hope we'll be able to discuss that in
a half hour on today's telcon.

I wonder what an "XML string" is?

Is there anything in the XML grammar other than SystemLiteral
that is a URI reference sort of thing?

Whereas any attribute value (or, for that matter, element
PCDATA content) could represent a URI reference, I'm assuming
we aren't saying anything about such values here, are we?

The stylesheet PI's href pseudo attribute could potentially
be a LEIRI, but that isn't part of the XML spec.