Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2007 December 5

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 11:52:11AM -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> Regrets
> -------
> Daniel

  Sorry I could not make it as hinted two weeks ago,

> > OASIS has announced another XRI document for public review:
> >
> > Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Resolution Version 2.0
> >
> > The public review starts today, 3 December 2007, and ends
> > 1 February 2008.
> >
> > More non-normative information about the specification and
> > the technical committee may be found at the public home page
> > of the TC at
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xri.
> >
> > The specification document and related files are available here:
> >
> > Editable Source:
> > http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/cd02/xri-resolution-V2.0-cd-02.doc
> >
> > PDF:
> > http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/cd02/xri-resolution-V2.0-cd-02.pdf
> >
> > HTML:
> > http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/cd02/xri-resolution-V2.0-cd-02.html
> >

> ACTION to Henry:  Review this for XML Core.

  I had a look at it and couldn't understand what it was aiming at,
it confused me to no end. It seems they try to build resolution when
naming object without using DNS, but I really could not figure out
why, what for, the specifics needs or why it was related to XML.
  To me XML use URIs or Public Identifiers and I didn't understood
the dependancy, what specifically are they asking the XML Core WG ?

> > 9.  XInclude 3rd Edition
> >
> > XInclude 2nd Edition is at:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xinclude-20061115
> >
> > LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition:
> >
> > 3.1, href attribute is a LEIRI
> >
> > See also 4.1.1 (details TBD) which can't reference XML 1.1
> > since we don't define XML Resource Identifiers in XML 1.1.
> > Just replace that para with the "They are LEIRIs" para.
> >
> > ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
> > with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.
>
> ACTION to Daniel continued.

  Hum, I had completely missen/forgotten this, could someone
explain what "with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs"
means ?

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/