RE: XML elements and attributes naming conventions

The XML Core WG doesn't develop or suggest naming conventions
for XML names.  Different W3C specifications have developed
different conventions (as you have noticed).

I don't believe the XML Core WG has any useful input to this
issue (though individual WG members are free to express personal
opinions on this).